2013年9月25日星期三

And the diagnosis is ...

I just got off the phone with Dr Koch, and the diagnosis is lymphoma. A high grade lymphoma, he said. If the … what do they call the person who reads these tests? A radiologist? … had only had the gastrointestinal samples it would have been inconclusive. But the lymph nodes in Scout’s neck and spleen were clear: lymphoma.


We’ll see an oncologist next week – is it bad I took the first appointment, which means I can’t work the first day I’m supposed to at my new job? – and decide where to go from here. No treatment means a quick decline; chemo may buy him some quality months and a teeny chance of a year. It comes at a cost of … we’re talking several thousand dollars.


I’m still trying to get my head around the fact that the dog who is romping around the back yard chasing soap bubbles is dying.



没有评论:

发表评论