2013年9月26日星期四

Dog food for a friend with lymphoma

I’m not someone who gives a traditional “welcome wagon” gift. Years ago, I was famous for taking a bowl of the cereal, Lucky Charms, to new move-ins in my college area.


So when I found out this morning that a dear friend was just diagnosed with a nasty blood cancer, lymphoma, what did I do? Well, first I cried. Several times throughout the day, in fact, as I told my co-workers about it.


But then I thought, well, she has dogs and cats. I’m not ANY good at taking meals. But I can take her some dog food?! Right?! I mean, I *am* a rep, I get the stuff at cost. Maybe I could boost my sales just a bit so as to dedicate a little bit to keeping her in dog and cat food.


And I can run. By the way, in case you didn’t know, I run marathons for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It’s their Team in Training program, which was started 20 years ago by a dad who lost his beautiful daughter to leukemia. I blog about it over at http://SheCanRun.wordpress.com.


Anyway, we do what we can do. God bless her.


没有评论:

发表评论