2013年9月28日星期六

High probability of canine lymphoma

Hi everyone. First of all I am new here. I just found this site yesterday and have been busy reading and learning.


Yesterday my Fiancee Jana and I took our dog Brittany into the vet because Jana felt lumps on each side of Brittany’s neck. Being her first year in nursing school, I thought she was just trying to play doctor by giving the dog an exam. I thought she was silly and over-reacting but I agreed to take Brittany in to get looked at.


After the vet took the Britanny into the back to do some aspirations of her lymph nodes, the assistant asked us to come back into the room. I knew we were in for some disappointing news when I realized that we had been lead into the vets office and not an exam room. The vet told us all of Brittany’s lymph nodes were swollen. They looked at some of the aspirations under the microscope but could not tell with any certainty wether or not it was dog cancer. The vet did say that she saw some cells that were cause for concern but she wanted to have the slides sent off to get a better opinion. She also said that it didn’t look good for Brittany. I guess it is a good thing that they couldn’t tell right off the bat if it was cancer, which leaves a little hope.


The vet also told us that sometimes the lymph nodes will swell if the dog is trying to fight off some sort of infection. But she said that since Brittany was an indoor dog and showed no sign of infection that it was most likely not the case here. She did draw some blood and had a panel done but the results won’t be back until tomorrow. I’ve prayed to no end for it to be some sort of infection, but the reality of things tends to make me fear for the worse.


My Fiancee Jana noticed the swollen lymph nodes in Brittanys neck a few weeks ago; which scares me because the vet said the prognosis is usually about 2 months from diagnosis. Brittany has been acting fine, not loosing weight, has a great appetite. One would never guess in a million years that she may be sick.


It crushes me in the worst way to look into her eyes and know that she has no idea of what is happening. As stupid as it may seem, I try and talk to her and tell her it will all be ok. I promised I would do everything I can to help her get better. I changed her diet tonight and order K-9 Immunity and K9 Transfer Factor, as well as, the K9 Omega.


There is no way I could ever afford chemo treatment. Surviving on 1 job and paying for nursing school has us stretched to the max. I also don’t know if I could put Brittany through all of it.


I will do everything in my power to get Brittany through this. In the end however, I know two things.


1. If dogs do go the heaven, Brittany will be at the front of the line. 2. She will have lots of friends up there to take good care of her until I get there.



没有评论:

发表评论