2013年9月19日星期四

[Canine Cancer]



[Canine Cancer]





Does your dog have cancer?


For information about caring for a dog with cancer CLICK HERE


To order the book “Help Your Dog Fight Cancer” CLICK HERE


To apply for financial assistance for your dog’s cancer treatment
or to donate for other dogs in treatment, CLICK HERE


 



Here’s my story 


My precious Bullet was 9 when he was diagnosed with lymphoma, on July 17, 2000. I was horrified. I started chemo the next day, hoping against hope to get the 12-18 months that some dogs with lymphoma gain by having chemo. My love for Bullet knew no bounds and I just couldn’t imagine NOT trying for that. If I had not been able to afford it, I don’t know what I would have done. There was no “Magic Bullet Fund” yet.


Bullet had a chemo protocol that isn’t used anymore. It was called VELCAP-L and it went on for 75 weeks (a year and a half). He went into remission after the first treatment, and he stayed in remission for the next 4 years and 4 months. I created a special diet for him to fight cancer, now called “Bullet’s Cancer Diet.” I put together a special home care program and a rotation of supplements to help him survive.


In November 2002, Bullet went into congestive heart failure. He couldn’t tolerate the drug that is usually prescribed for his conditions. Without medication to manage his heart conditions, he would not survive. At the advice of Bullet’s oncologist, I set about getting FDA clearance to import a new drug, not yet approved in the U.S., that might help. With this new drug (which is now approved here), he survived another 2 years.


In November 2004, Bullet went into kidney failure. The drugs that were helping him survive his heart conditions were damaging to his kidneys. Within 5 days, my little boy went to the Rainbow Bridge. Bullet was almost 14 years old and still cancer free.


I wasn’t prepared to lose Bullet on 11/20/2004, even after his very long survival. I would never have been prepared to lose Bullet, even if he lived to be 40 years old!


Please share your story below!






没有评论:

发表评论